Margot A. Baker
How long with FECTS:
- 20 Years
- B.S., Occupational Therapy, University of Florida
- NeuroNet: Early Learning and Integrated Rhythms
- Therapeutic Listening
- Cleveland, OH
- Reading, walking, antique shopping
- "If you don't have the positivity spirit, you'd better get it."
- my mother, Marion
- The Sound of Music
Most Memorable Patient:
- Sam was a 5-year-old with severe cerebral palsy. He could not walk, sit or feed himself. I worked primarily on obtaining equipment for Sam and then educated the family on the importance of allowing him to attempt feeding himself. All the Elks Lodges in the SW District contributed funds to buy a hydraulic stander for home use that helped Sam feed himself more successfully as he was now in an appropriate, upright position for safe swallowing, eye and hand use.